Businesses impacted by COVID-19 must first contact the ATO on the Emergency Support Infoline (Ph: 1800 806 218) to have a tailored program of assistance provided or contact us for further assistance.
Options available to assist eligible businesses include:
- Deferring amounts due by up to four months for business activity statements (including PAYG instalments), income tax assessments, fringe benefits tax assessments and excise tax
- Allow businesses on a quarterly reporting cycle to opt into monthly GST reporting in order to get quicker access to GST refunds they may be entitled to
- Allowing businesses to vary PAYG instalment amounts to zero for the March 2020 quarter. Businesses that vary their PAYG instalment to zero can also claim a refund for any instalments made for the September 2019 and December 2019 quarters
- Remitting any interest and penalties, incurred on or after 23 January 2020, that have been applied to tax liabilities
- Working with affected businesses to help them pay their existing and ongoing tax liabilities by allowing them to enter into low interest payment plans.
Further information is available on the ATO website.